By properly cleaning and disinfecting your face shield you can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases.
COVID-19 is a new respiratory virus. COVID-19 spreads mainly from person to person. It is spread through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land on people who are nearby (within 6 feet). It may also be possible for a person to get COVID-19 by touching a contaminated surface or object and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes.
Don’t take short cuts when it comes to the personal safety of yourself or others.
RECOMMENDED Steps for CLEANING
1. Find a clean flat surface.
2. Hand hygiene: Wash you hands thoroughly for 20 seconds.
3. Carefully wipe the inside, followed by the outside of the face shield using soap and water or other approved cleaner/disinfectant.
4. Inspect face shield for damage. If damaged, dispose.
5. Fully air dry.
6. Clean/disinfect the flat surface with soap and water or other approved cleaner/disinfectant.
7. Place cleaned face shield in a clean location labeled with the user’s name.
8. Do not share your face shield with others.